Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 4: Lazy Sunday, what's that?

Herro everyone J

Today may be Sunday but that doesn't mean you get an off day. So get up, get your takkies on, and get to the gym! Don’t let a day define your motivation. J

An update on the knee situation, everyday is getting better but I’m still not 100% there, I’m afraid. This means I also cannot get back into my usual workout program but I will be there soon and I'll post my workouts as I go. Today I went to the gym and did a light 40 minute cycle (best for knee problems). During the cycle I did an arms workout, Here is the program >>>
After the cycle I did a quick Pilates workout.


Back to today’s topic, how do you get out of lazy Sunday mode? You have woken up at 11:30, “it’s too late to go now”/ “it’s too hot midday”/ “too many people at the gym at this time”/ “it interferes with my lunch hour”. Forget the excuses, pop your earphones into your ears (or blast it on the speakers if you can) and play your favourite song. This is the best way to get motivated and get your body moving.  



Here are some of my favourite songs to motivate me:

Applause – Lady Gaga
Burn –Ellie Goulding
Talk dirty – Jason Derulo
Can’t believe it – Flo rida
Michael Jackson – Panic! At the disco
Happy – Pharell
The Illest – Fat East Movement
Dance – Northbrook
Blurred lines- Robin Thicke
Get Lucky-Daft Punk
Roar – Katy Perry
I love it – Icona Pop
Holy Grail – Jay-Z
Can’t Hold us – Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis
We can’t stop – Miley Cyrus
Clarity – Zedd
Cinema – Benny Benassi
Wake me up – Avicii


But sometimes it’s not about an upbeat song; sometimes you just need that one (or two) song(s) that you love, for me right now its Royals by Lorde. All these songs just give you that pick me up when you have 500m to go on a 5km or 2 more reps on a really difficult set of squats. Setting up your playlist (preworkout) is vital; you don’t want a UB40 song to slip in there if that’s not your jam. Are you picking up what I’m putting down? Music also helps you to take your mind off what you are actually doing, which can be helpful on a long run or during a difficult strength workout. I find that listening to my heavy breathing while running, makes me more tired, so I use music to drown out the breathing sounds. So get you mp3/ipod ready to go and full of your best track and get your butt moving!!

That's all from me today, enjoy the not so lazy Sunday!!!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment