Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 21: Weigh in day (3 weeks down)

So weigh in day has snuck up on us once again but if you have been sticking to it then you shouldn't be nervous, I was excited to see what I had managed to accomplish so here are the results:

Weight lost this week: 300 grams
Total weight loss: 1.5kgs


Today's topic: Habits



So they say that it takes 21 days to make and break a habit. I can already feel myself getting into certain habits when it comes to both eating and exercising. So if the picture alongside has any truth to is then motivation has gotten me to where I am and habit will keep me going? However I believe I will still be using a bit of both.




Here are some good habits to get into:


  1. Going to gym around the same time, make a routine out of it. I make sure that I go straight for work to gym, shower, then come home. If I don't do this then things feel out of place and just 'wrong' really.
  2. Drinking water, if you like cold water like me then keep one big bottle of water in the freezer and drink the other, then replace during the day. Keeping water on you at all times means you will drink it and keep hunger at bay.
  3. Start adding less sugar and milk to your tea or coffee, then switch to honey and no milk and eventually no milk, no sugar/honey.
  4. If you don't already, start eating breakfast, its the best meal to eat during the day and skipping breakfast can mean binging, or eating more than you should later on, calorie intake should be spread out.
  5. Start cooking at home, rather than going out to eat, they usually cook with the wrong oils or too much. They also tend to add unnecessary sauces.
  6. Stop eating in front of the TV, you just end up eating more
  7. Chew slowly (I need to work on this).
  8. Get more sleep in.
  9. Stand more, if you sit often during the day get up and walk around every half hour to hour.
  10. Track your calories and exercise with MyFitnessPal.
  11. Envision the goal :)




Finally, I realise I mentioned a lot of habits to get into, but always tackle them one at a time, once you feel confident you have it down move on to the next :)

Good luck :P


No comments:

Post a Comment