Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 3: Down to business

Good morning all you beautiful people!


So I bet you’re all on the edge of your seat wondering how last night turned out. Well, I woke up this morning feeling so bad, you know the feeling of regret? I finished a whole bowl of ice cream. As I began to fully regain consciousness I realised that I had just dreamt it, that’s how ‘in my head’ I am about this whole thing! But the truth is I was very good, despite all the vodka and zambuka doing the rounds (two fairly uncommon drinks in Korea), I made it :D. Sometimes you don’t realise how hard it actually is with that bowl of chips and salsa dip staring you down, but I did have a little preplanned trick up my sleeve for temptation moments like this. Before I left home I had a small dinner and made air-popped popcorn that I then stashed a small packet in my bag to snack on when the temptation arose. I also snacked on a naartjie and apple through the course of the night, what a rebel :P.

I just wanted to say a quick thanks to all those reading my blog and messaging me, I love them. I have received loads of messages from successful 12kg weight loss stories to sober dancing the night away with a passion fruit and soda in hand. You guys seriously motivate me and I hope I do the same for you!

So now let’s get down to the serious stuff! When you start off this journey, you always need to have a goal and game plan in mind. My goal is 59kgs but I would just like to see and feel a difference, I have certain clothes that I use to measure myself on, sometimes when I go through a bad patch I steer clear of those clothes at all costs to avoid feeling bad about myself. I have a weight and measurement chart which I will be using, I weighed and took my centimeters on day one, and then you need to do it every week on the same day, around the same time. Here is the chart I’m using, it only covers six weeks so I just printed two.



You also need some motivation; everyone has different forms of motivation. I like the pictures and countdown in front of me to see every day. I have pictures surrounding my mirror and a sticky note countdown with how many days in I am, I get to pull off one a day (see, two down). I also enjoy notes around the place like on the fridge or pantry cupboard, just a reminder before I attempt to indulge. Get rid of all bad food in the house it will only tempt you; it’s just not worth it! Keep water handy, NOT JUICE! It’s just empty calories. More on spicing up water and the down low on juices in a later post, watch out! Also Its a good idea to start tracking your calories to make sure you're on the right track, you can do this, and follow me on MyFitnessPal.


Pictures around my mirror and my countdown
fridge note



















So while we are busy getting serious I thought it might be time to add my ‘now’ picture. Of course I’m going to find the worse one I can, to demonstrate my feelings towards my body but it’s still me isn’t it? So here it is, and of course I’m stuffing my face at the time:P! lol! Also this is not about me wanting people to tell me I'm good how I look now, its about me wanting to feel good in my body! You deserve that too.
 
AHHHHH
 So there it all is, all out on the table, start getting your charts ready, say goodbye to pictures like this, that you hate and prep your place for ‘new you’ mode. Let’s do this!

xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment