Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 2: blame it on the a a a a a alcohol...

During my first few weeks, I am weaning myself off alcohol, ok not weaning, stopping completely. (I have said I can drink again at the Halloween party on Nov 2nd). I’m claiming Ocsober, even though I have already had my fair share of alcohol last weekend. So tonight is the test, we’re going to a friend’s house for drinks. :/

So why no alcohol? Well firstly I need to prove to myself that I can actually do it (that I do have control over what I eat/drink).Secondly, alcohol is high in calories. And thirdly: eating while under the influence (EUI) I’m sure many of you have had this experience, when you find yourself at the nearest convenient store, BP or McDonalds and you’ve ordered a share box for 2 of you.
Drunken convenient store trips
share box :/




















EUI is my biggest downfall. I often water down my drinks in an attempt to lower calories, but the EUI, eish! I know for a fact that I’m not enjoying the food I’m eating and I’m not hungry, it’s just going in my mouth because it’s in front of me. So here lies the question does No alcohol + a conscious mind = No EUI? The test commences tonight and I will let you know how it pans out. I’m not going to say I’ll try because that leaves possibility, I’m not going to drink, or binge eat, there it is, in writing.





Here are my tips for all those joining me:

How to avoid alcohol
“I’m training for national ping pong championship”
“I’m the designated driver”
“I’m pregnant”
“Alcohol gives me horrendous diarrhea
“I’m on the meds”
“After careful inspection of my liver, my doctor advised against it”
“Big day tomorrow” (lame)
Claim or actually do Ocsober month
Mocktails
Hold one drink the whole night (too tempting for me)
Just switch out for OJ and claim it’s a screwdriver

What to do about temptations
Jam out on the dance floor
Have fun watching other drunk people attempt speech.
Get in some interesting deep conversations with the sober/semi-sober ones (if in a quiet place)
Find a mate who will not drink with you, it’s always easier with a companion!

What’s in it for me?
My liver will be happy
So will my purse
No hangover tomorrow (I can therefore be productive)
No binge eating while drunk
And of course no calories


Happy Friday all <3

PS. To all those doing OcSober for reals, mad admiration, I join you now and I will keep aside my charity money due to my alcohol indulgence last weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment