Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 49: Under pressure


"And food dares you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves
This is our last dance
This is our last dance
This is ourselves
Under pressure
Under pressure
Pressure"

Thanks Queen for those wonderful lyrics that so nicely complement my theme today, Freddy speaks to my soul, lol. (ok fine I changed 'love' to 'food' but still).



Too much pressure is today's topic of choice. Today was supposed to be weigh in Wednesday but due the immense pressure it is putting me under and the stress I am feeling as a result I decided to do away with it for this week until I feel happy about weighing myself, I want to look at the scale and see a number I want. This is not a cop out, I have been working hard this week, in fact I just got back from gym and am feeling super stiff from the last two days :D. I just don't like feeling pressured to weigh myself right now. It sits on my mind all of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'm taking control and changing things up a bit this week.

I do think that weekly weigh ins are good but if you too feel this pressure then do away with it for the week. Also if you are beginning to get stuck in a rut, or have lost the excitement you started with? Then take a wee break, let your body relax, sooner than you know your body will miss being in that gym! If you do this then make a plan, don't just do it. Plan the duration and make sure that you schedule something for the end of the break to commit yourself to going back, so book and pay for a class, or a small run/walk, or schedule a 'gym date' with a friend.

That's all for now, remember, you are in charge so take charge, keep calm and listen to Freddy <3 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment