Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 28: 1 month in!

Wowzers, can't believe I am one month in, 2 months left... that's amazing!

So I probably haven't posted lately because of the guilt over the weekend! Everyone has there moments but eish... I'm not sure.

So here's the story: I went to the Halloween party on Sat night where I said to myself I could drink and knew there would be sweets etc. Well drinking wasn't the problem! Had about one drink and was already well on my way due to the lack of alcohol and it was vodka and I'm relatively fit. So I only ended up having 2 drinks :O. But wow did I eat. No excuses but I made sure that I ate lightly the whole of Saturday and low calorie meals but still. So yes I stuffed my face and had a good time.


Since then I have been back on the usual routine gym and eating wise. Today is weigh in day and I will update this post later tonight after I weigh myself! I am so nervous though because of Saturday. Lets just hope I have still lost something. Today I'm having a bleh day, don't know if it's what i am wearing today that makes me feel like my thighs aren't going anywhere. Anyways here's to continuing the fight.




So what I wanted to talk about today is something else that can make you feel bleh... that is the bloat, yes it needs 'the' article before because we all know that bloated feeling. When i first arrived in Korea I was in constant pain with bloating problems. I have recently cut down on Korean food (no longer eating school lunch etc) and the bloating disappeared. I realised that it was probably as a result of all the salt Koreans use in their food. Another thing I recently found out is that many people have problems digesting pork (Korea's main meat). The reason for this is because pork is so similar to our own meat that your body literally thinks its eating human/yourself and therefore struggles to digest it :O. Gross but cutting down on pork truly helped get rid of the bloat!


Other ways to cut the bloat:
Lemon water
Celery
Watermelon (mmmmm)
Rosemary and Tumeric (I love adding Rosemary to foods)
Beans and Lentils (high fiber)
Yogurt

How to stop the bloat:
Limit alcohol
Limit sodium intake
Get more sleep
Sit less
Eat water retaining foods like wheat bran or all-bran

Here is a great workout video to reduce bloatedness :P
Click here

Weigh in Wednesday Update:

Weight lost this week: 200 grams (yay)
Total weight lost in one month: 1.7kgs

This puts me on track for the total weight loss goal, still would like to lose 3.1 more kgs so thats 1.55kgs per month... I can do that.... right?

Also a big shout out to my parents who are on day 3 of their Thailand workout. And to my boyfriend Rob... Happy Birthday xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment